jueves, 21 de noviembre de 2013

Kubelwagen WIP II

After apply a generous layer of air spray, I applied an irregular layer of dark yellow over all the external parts of the kubel. After wait some minutes I removed the yellow paint in the most exposed parts of the vehicle, mainly the three doors and mudguards. The next step was the decals apply. After wait two days, I did some effects with different tones of oils, and a general wash with a dark brown enamel paint. Finally, I painted the cloth parts and other details. 
Now, the model is ready to be dirtied with dust and dried mud:

I've to thank Javi Gaweda for his help to detail the driving mirror. It looks so real!

I've taken a black&whyte photo where you can compare the model with the picture of reference. 

   I thought about repainting the vehicle. From my point of view the result, in the whole is like the real one, but I think I have exceeded pickling the irregular layer of dark yellow (your comments are welcomed). This is because some days after the air spray aplication, I applied a small washing with acrilic. This wash  pickled more dark yellow paint than my original idea!

Anyway checking a lot of photos of vehicles in Kursk before operation Zitadelle, I've checked that it was normal to find vehicles with the painting so worn, during this stage of the WWII, so finally I decided not to repaint the vehicle. I hope to dilute a little bit this effect after the powder aplication with pigments. 

The Kubel hood looks too new. My plan is to apply pigments to get an older cloth.


2 comentarios:

  1. Although i'm not an expert on modelling, i really think it's a great work.
    Congratulations and keep on going!

    1. Although i'm not an expert in cyber-girls, I really think you are a very, very beautiful girl ;)